Buying a carpet is an important decision as one needs to consider numerous factors while going for it. The look, material, style, size and cost as well as cleaning are some of the main factors that affect the decision of a buyer while choosing the carpet. People consider a lot while buying a carpet but seldom do they realize the important stuff to own which will keep the product clean. Keeping the mat clean is a difficult job to do when there is a lot of activity inside the home. Hence it is always recommended to have professional carpets cleaners for this task.
Following are must-haves to shield your carpet:
- Expert cleaning help: There is lots of carpet cleaning professionals available. Their procedure, equipment, and post-sales service make them important for every carpet owner. One should book an appointment with them at least once every year, although the interval can vary depending upon the activity in the home. Places where children and pets are present definitely need expert help and advice on how to Keep Your Carpet Clean and Fresh.
- Slippers: Shoes carry a lot of dirt particles which hamper the condition of the carpet. People can consider implementing a rule where everybody has to wear slippers as long as they are inside the home. The barefoot movement also contributes to the degradation of the mat as the oils from the skin make the carpet attract dust. The slipper policy will surely work and keep some extra in case some guests arrive.
- Door Mats: These will efficiently protect the carpet from serious damage as they prevent dirt and debris from entering the home. Try placing one in front of every room so that visitors can wipe their feet. Over-saturation due to dirt is possible and this will affect their impact. Shake the mats on regular basis to keep them clean.
- Vacuum Cleaner: It is an absolute essential for every carpet owner. Using the vacuum cleaner one or two times a week will easily clean the product. If there is a large animal present, vacuuming on a regular basis is necessary. Buy a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filter for better results. Allergens and mites will not be able to congest the carpet, thanks to this device.
- Home remedies: Even though their credibility is questioned multiple times, home remedies are effective. One should consider this even though they are obtaining professional help. A simple wet stain on the carpet will not require expert assistance, rather blotting with an absorbing material.|
- Kitchen fan: This machine comes in handy when cooking is done multiple times during the day. The greasy vapor which arises due to cooking activity can spread everywhere, including the floor. An exhaust fan containing a filter will help prevent this.
- HVAC Filter: Those who have ventilation, heating and cooling systems at their home will understand the impact of filters on the carpet. Technically, a dirty filter contributes to 30 filtration lines on the mat. A regularly cleaned filter, like one of HVAC, will maintain the air quality of the room.